Tuesday, April 16, 2013

C4T #4

My final C4T is on Beth Knittle. She lives in Cape Cod, Massachusetts. She expresses different views of learning throughout her blog. For example she refers to formal as well as informal teaching styles. She says she blogs to help her keep track of her learning experiences which I believe is a great idea! If you blog about your experiences and put it out to the world you can receive feedback to better your teaching and even learn more.


I commented on Beth's blog post from March 30, 2013. It is entitled "Where are we going?". She explains how different the schools are now. She mentions how technology is not essential and I commented about this in my comment on the post. No matter where we go in the future with education and curriculum, the technology is not going anywhere. It will only become more involved I believe.

Below I have posted my comment I left for Beth:
"Hi Beth! My name is Shelby Day from the University of South Alabama. Like Erin above me, I am also studying to become an Elementary Education teacher. For my class EDM 310 I was assigned your blog to follow. When I first came to your blog, I noticed you are pretty open. You tell the story (classroom) how it really is. It is interesting when you say "I am not sure I agree that technology is essential to achieving Education 3.0" because I am more on the technology side. I think technology is a great resource if the classroom have access to it. On the other hand, I do agree with you on the fact that based on technology integration I am no sure where education is going or where it will be in five years. Thanks for the interesting post! I look forward to future post on your blog regarding technology.

Shelby Day
Twitter: @Miss_ShelbyD
Blog: http://dayshelbyedm310.blogspot.com/"

For my second C4T on Beth Knittle I looked through her blog to see if she had updated much and noticed that she blogs in bulk. She might have two or three blog post for one day then nothing for a few days or a week. This is not always a bad thing but in my case, I just had to go back further than March 30, 2013 rather than forward from March 30, 2013. The post I actually commented on was also on March 30, 2013 but titled "Losing Focus". I choose this post because I am most definitely feeling Beth on this one.

Below I have posted my comment on Beth's blog post:
"Hello again Beth! I chose to comment on this blog mainly from the title. It is the end of the semester and I am officially losing focus on school an everything in life! Agreeing with the Google article, society is losing focus with everything. Technology is a great resource but when we begin relying on it then we have a problem.

Shelby Day
Twitter: @Miss_ShelbyD
Blog: http://dayshelbyedm310.blogspot.com/"

No comments:

Post a Comment