Tuesday, March 26, 2013

C4T #3

My third teacher blog for C4T is on a teacher named Beth Still. Beth teaches Social Studies in Scottsbluff, Nebraska.If you go to her blog you can see that she is passionate about finding ways to help her students get engaged in learning again. She states that, "So many of my students have been disengaged for so long that it is hard for them to get back on track. I believe that by creating a safe, welcoming environment it will help my students succeed." I believe this is a very true statement because it is real life and is actually happening. She is very involved but is not necessarily up to date with her blog. She is also very organized in the blog setup which makes it easier to navigate the site.

My first post I commented on was from December 29, 2012. I am not sure how this post relates to teaching or the classroom but it is titled, 2013 Photo365 Project. Beth discusses how she plans to actually fulfill the photo challenge to take a picture everyday for 365 days.
I have posted my comment I left on her post below.
"Hi Beth! I am a student at the University of South Alabama and was assigned to read your blog. I see you have not posted in a while but this post about a photo a day is an interesting idea. I have heard of people doing it before. It is a good practice because it keeps life interesting and it could give you a little something to look forward to doing at some point during the day. I would love to know how the process is going and where/ if you are posting the pictures online? Thanks, Shelby Day"


The second post I commented on from Beth Still's blog is from March 24, 2013. It is titled "Beyond the Textbook 2013". It was a post about Beth's wish list. She also discussed how if she could, she would create the perfect text book. She describes her perfect textbook and how she would use it.

I commented on my previous post to her reply and then commented on this post. I commented by talking about my perfect text book and how I would use it and how interesting her description was.

No comments:

Post a Comment