Sunday, March 31, 2013

C4K March

My fifth C4K is my first one in March. This week the student blog I am commenting on is Aspen H's blog at Iowa Language Arts. He is in Mr. Boylen's eighth grade class. When I looked at the class blog, it was sort of plain but very organized. As I went to Aspen's blog, it was the same way; organized but plain. After reading all of Aspen's blog post, I found that is is very opinionated and sweet.
I commented on Aspen's post titled "Intro to Blogging Partners". This post was about herself and about her life. She described things she enjoyed, her family, and her location of where she lives. She is descriptive for an eighth grader and has an opinion that is strong, which is great. I commented on this post saying who I was and leaving encouraging words. Below is the comment I left for Aspen.
"Hi Aspen! My name is Shelby Day and I am in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I was reviewing your blog and you have a great opinion of all of the class books and on blogging! I love it! You are close to many states so I am sure you have adventures to tell. I can see you are a very active person, keep it up! I also live RIGHT next to railroad tracks so I understand the loud noises but like you I have learned to block it out! Keep up the good blogging! Shelby Day"

My second C4K in March (sixth C4K total) is on a student named Thomas. He is a sixth grader in Mr. Seyfert's class in Wisconsin. Mr. Seyfert's class blog is organized by students and by date. His students blog often and well.
The blog post I commented on is titled "The Great Braun! (excerpt)" in which Thomas discusses sports and I could tell that Thomas really enjoys baseball. Thomas has a good writing form and is clear in his thought process.
My comment I left on the post is listed below.
"Hey Thomas! I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile. I love that you have MORE THAN ONE POST ABOUT SPORTS! This post has great content and is worded very well! Good Job Thomas! Keep up the good work. "

My third C4K in March comes from a student named Tommy. He had a creative writing post titled "Shon the Walrus". It is a story about a walrus and Tommy list very much detail for his story. He has a setting, time, place, the temperature, character names and much more detail.
I listed my comment below.
"Hi Tommy! My name is Shelby Day. I am from Mobile, Alabama and I attend the University of South Alabama. I love your imagination, it is so creative! The characters have names and that makes the story even better and real. The suits and the details are my favorite parts. I look forward to future post on your blog! What is your favorite part about blogging? Keep up the good work! Shelby Day Blog: http://dayshelbyedm310.blogspot.com/ "

My last C4K in March is on a student titled "cripcrip40". The students in this blog are two classes of students in Mrs. Krebs’ classes. Krebs’ Class Blogs is a place for the students to report what they are doing in science, history, English and literature. They have published writings, group projects, classroom assignments, and connecting! They are continuing to grow and expand their world of blogging as they create, contribute, connect, communicate, collaborate and curate with others around the world. The students are in grades 7 and 8 in the American system, ages 12-14 years old.
I commented on her post from March 8th. It is a post on religion that Lauren learned about in religion class. I think it is cool that these students have a religion class. It gives them an opportunity to learn about a different subject than many students.
I have posted my comment below
"Hi Lauren! My name is Shelby Day. I am from Mobile, Alabama and I attend the University of South Alabama. I was looking over your blog. I was wondering how you came up with “cripcrip40″? It is very interesting! I love this piece on religion because it is close to Easter and it shows a little bit of your life outside of school. I look forward to future post on your blog! What is your favorite part about blogging? Keep up the good work! Shelby Day Blog: http://dayshelbyedm310.blogspot.com/"

No comments:

Post a Comment